BEST PRACTICES FOR WEBCASTING:
Markey’s offers a wide variety of webcasting and live stream services. These services range from a one way broadcast to an individual viewer to an unlimited amount of viewers, or to a fully interactive virtual meeting. Click here for our full menu of virtual meeting services.
12 TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL VIDEO CONFERENCE:
- Find a quiet room with as little background noise as possible.
- Make sure you are professionally dressed.
- Sit in the center of the camera shot to ensure proper camera framing.
- Make sure your face is well lit by sitting in a room with plenty of light. If you can’t find a well lit room, place a small lamp in front of you but out of the camera view.
- Do not sit in front of a window. This will cause the camera to adjust for the light, making your face look very dark.
- Adjust the camera to be level with your eyes. This will produce the best camera angle. If using a laptop, you may need to put your laptop on an elevated surface in order to get the camera level with your eyes.
- Always be aware of what is in the camera shot. Make sure there is nothing sitting in the background that you wouldn’t want viewers to see.
- Use headphones or earbuds to listen to the audio. This helps with the sound quality and ensures you will always be able to hear clearly.
- Keep your microphone muted during the call unless you are speaking.
- When speaking and not wearing a headset or earbuds, keep your speaker volume at the lowest setting while still being able to hear. This helps get rid of echoes coming back through your microphone.
- Use a cabled internet connection when possible. Most connection issues are due to a bad wireless connection.
- Do a test call beforehand to make sure your microphone, speakers and webcam are all working properly.