Markey’s offers a wide variety of webcasting and live stream services. These services range from a one way broadcast to an individual viewer to an unlimited amount of viewers, or to a fully interactive virtual meeting. Click here for our full menu of virtual meeting services.
BEST PRACTICES FOR REMOTE PRESENTERS:
- Find a quiet room with as little background noise as possible.
- If you have a set of headphones or earbuds use those to listen to the audio. This also helps with the sound quality and ensures you will always be able to hear clearly.
- If you are presenting and do not want to wear a headset or earbuds try to keep your speaker volume at the lowest volume you can while still being able to hear. This helps greatly with getting rid of any echo or noise cancellation coming back through your microphone.
- Make sure that your face is well lit by sitting in a room with plenty of lighting. If you can’t find a well lit room, place a small lamp in front of you but out of the camera view.
- Always be aware of what is in the camera shot. Make sure there is nothing sitting in the background that you wouldn’t want viewers to see.
- Do not have any lights in the background if possible and do not sit in front of any windows. This will cause the camera to adjust for that light make you look very dark.
- Sit in the center of the camera shot to ensure proper camera framing.
- If possible, adjust the camera to be level with your eyes. This will produce the best camera angle. An independent web camera is preferred as it is easily adjustable regarding placement. If using a laptop camera, you may need to put your laptop on a platform or elevated surface in order to get the camera level with your eyes.
- Although it is not required, a cabled internet connection is always preferred. Most connection issues are due to a bad wireless connection. These issues are typically out of your control and can happen at any time.
- Doing a test call beforehand to make sure your microphone, speakers, and webcam are all working properly is always a great idea.
Markey’s also offer’s remote support for our web conference presenters. Please download our remote support application at the link below.