MCON 2014 was held at the Museum of Contemporary Art in
Chicago, Illinois, June 18-19 2014. MCON is a production of Achieve, a
creative agency for causes, which is based in Indianapolis.
The Millennial Impact: MCON 2014, Inspiring the Next Generation
Workforce, focused on millennials as champions of causes and how best to engage
them. With 35 speakers and most viewers participating online, it was imperative
that the quality of the video recording, streaming and audio be perfect.
Markey’s successfully provided all the audio and video support for MCON 2013, held
at the Alexander Hotel in Indianapolis, and thus was selected by the Achieve
planning team to travel to Chicago to manage the audiovisual aspects again.
Thousands of viewers from 10 countries watched online, and
could submit questions via the Social Q&A, located on-screen just below the
streaming video. The questions then could be voted upon by other viewers,
and the moderator for each speaker was armed with an iPad to monitor this
voting process and pose them to the speaker.
Some of the gear and services provided by Markey's included:
- Christie 14k HD projector
- 11.3’ x 20’ center screen with Chauvet-lit Cy towers as
- 14 wireless microphone kits
- Two HXC High Definition cameras
- GoPro Cameras for the Ink Factory Artworks time lapse video
- Webcasting via Livestream
- Production in the form of title slides, lower thirds
graphics and and PowerPoint slides